Vacancy announcement _ Adminstrative Secretary
- Hits: 524
QUINCY FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
Under general supervision of the Fire Chief, performs a variety of specialized, secretarial, and complex office support work in the Quincy Fire Protection District Administrative Office. Compiles statistical data, generates reports, produces and maintains records and inventories: assists with administration of district fiscal accounts: Participates in meetings and interacts with district paid and volunteer staff, board of directors and the public. Assists with station maintenance as well as other related duties as assigned.
The administrative secretary is a single position classification. Incumbents perform a variety of office support activities in office reception, data entry, document preparation, processing and maintenance of district files, records and inventories, as well as fiscal responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Fire Chief.
PERSONNEL DIRECTLY SUPERVISED : None.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Under the direction of the Fire Chief, perform computer word processing, report generation and compiling statistical data. Develop and maintain personnel, incident, inventories and statutory compliance reports and records. Participate in the general fiscal management of the district accounts. Communicate with the public and district personnel face to face, via email, social media, fax, telephone, and vhf radio.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Sit for extended periods: frequent stand and walk: normal eye-hand coordination; lift objects weighing up to 25 lbs: use various office equipment, computers, telephones, copiers, and radio equipment: corrected hearing and vision to normal range; good verbal communication skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is usually performed in an office environment. May work in the field and attend meetings as needed. Frequent contact with the public, other employees, District Board of Directors and District Volunteer Firefighters, Officers and Support Team members.
- Emergency Services mission and general operations.
- Computer skills associated with word processing, Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Financial Record keeping methods and procedures.
- Use of office equipment, copiers, faxes machines, calculators, telephone systems and computers.
- Emergency service billing for service practices and procedures.
- Fiscal administration including budgeting, accounting, and expenditure control.
- Filing and record keeping methods and procedures.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Basic mathematics.
- Perform a variety of office assignments with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Interpret and apply the policies and procedures of the office where assigned.
- Type at a rate of 40 words per minute from clear legible copy.
- Operate a computer using word-processing and other software as appropriate.
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with other district staff, volunteers, board of directors and the public, providing information and responding to concerns about the district and our programs as assigned.
- Establish and maintain an efficient and cooperative working relationship.
Training and Experience:
- Any combination of training and experience, which would likely provide the required knowledge and ability, is qualifying.
- Possession of a valid Class C or better California Drivers License issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
For copy of Job description - and for Application
Go to Documents and download